The Club Chairman:
1. Shall be appointed at an AGM or Special meeting by the committee members to act for a 1 year term of office.
2. Shall preside at all AGMs and Special meetings called by the membership. In the event of an even vote he/she will have the casting vote.
3. Shall preside at all committee meetings and have the casting vote in the event of even voting.
4. In conjunction with the committee, prepare the agenda for the AGM and other Special meetings
5. In conjunction with the Secretary, prepare the agenda for committee meetings.
6. Is responsible for coordinating the activities of the officers and members of the club committee.
7. In the event of the illness, resignation or absence of an officer or committee member is to ensure that the responsibilities of that individual are performed until the vacancy is satisfactorily re-assigned.
8. In the event of a dispute with an officer or committee member, is to arrange for the matter to be considered at a full committee meeting. Unless it involves himself in which case the committee will meet without the Chair and appoint a Chair pro tem until the matter is discussed and resolved.
9. Is to review all complaints raised by individual club members and respond accordingly or cause the matter to be investigated by an appropriate committee member or by the entire committee.
10. Has primary responsibility for the club’s PR and for ensuring that a positive image is maintained in the eyes of the motorcycle community and general public, although this should be a Committee responsibility and devolve to Committee members where relevant.
11. Has primary responsibility for dealing with questions about the club raised by the media, organised bodies or the members of the public.
12. Is responsible for countersigning cheques drawn on the club’s bank account.
Appointed at an AGM for a 3 year term of office, the Secretary is responsible to the committee for:
1. Notifying club members of the date, time and location of an AGM or Special meeting in accordance with the Constitution and Rules.
2. Preparing and publishing the agenda for an AGM or Special meeting as agreed by the committee.
3. Notifying members of the committee the date, time and location of committee meetings.
4. Preparing and publishing the agenda for committee meetings in conjunction with the Chairman.
5. Making a record of all AGMs, Special meetings and for publishing the minutes for the information of the membership within 14 days.
6. Making a record of all committee meetings and for circulating the minutes to all committee members within 14 days.
7. Deputising for the Chairman in his/her absence. If this responsibility conflicts with the Secretary’s primary responsibility he/she is to nominate a suitable committee member to act temporarily as secretary
8. Preparation of formal external club correspondence. He/she is to consult with the Chairman about matters affecting club policy before the release of information.
9. Is responsible for countersigning cheques drawn on the club’s bank account.
10. Making a report of relevant matters at Committee meetings
11. Is responsible for BMF liaison and for renewing the Club’s annual affiliation and for any show registrations.
12. Initiating and maintaining liaison with the relevant bodies to the furtherance of club aims.
Appointed at an AGM for a 3 year term of office, the he Treasure is responsible to the committee for:
1. The maintenance of the club’s financial accounts.
2. Operation of the club’s bank account(s) and for the signing of cheques.
3. Receiving and banking cash and cheques received from the Membership Secretary and Merchandising Officer.
4. The preparation of the annual balance sheet and for its presentation to the AGM.
5. The preparation of monthly financial statements and for their presentation at committee meetings.
6. Ensuring his/her duties are covered, if necessary, by a committee member during periods of absence.
7. Seek professional advice for the Committee on the Club’s statutory and legal position regarding financial affairs, as requested by the committee.
8. Maintaining registration of the web domain.
9. Maintaining service from a host provider
Appointed at an AGM for a 1 year term of office, the Membership Secretary is responsible to the committee for:
1. Processing all new membership applications and for responding to all enquiries concerning club membership.
2. Maintaining the membership data base and for notifying the committee of appropriate and relevant details of new members within 48 hours if reasonably practicable.
3. Informing the Committee of any issues with any processes including software/data base and emails, seek advice as necessary within 48 hours of any problems to avoid any lost information/potential income.
4. Administering the membership renewal process as at the 1st of each month.
5. Arranging for the issue of membership packs to all new members within 7 days if reasonably practicable and for ensuring adequate stocks of forms and stationery are maintained for the purpose.
6. Arranging for the issue of membership cards to all new members within 7 days of payment if reasonably practicable.
7. Banking membership receipts and the operation of the Club’s PayPal account in conjunction with the Treasurer.
8. Reporting membership updates at Committee meetings
9. Ensuring his/her duties are covered by a committee member, if necessary, during periods of absence. 10. Promotion of the club.
Appointed at an AGM for a 1 year term of office, the Events Coordinator is responsible to the committee for:
1. Ensuring a master list of events authorised by the committee is made available to the membership via the club website and by Email.
2. Actively canvassing the membership for ideas for club events and, if required, to take the organisational lead in other approved club activities.
3. Send out monthly updates to the members to remind them of current or regular social events and future planned events.
4. Providing an update on planned and proposed events at Committee meetings
5. Make contact with appropriate commercial organisations to gain information on services suitable for club activities and, as necessary, make group bookings.
6. Liaising with other compatible clubs and organisations to seek suitable joint events.
(If required the duties of the Events Coordinator may be a shared responsibility and a subcommittee formed to support the club committee)
Appointed at an AGM for a 1 year term of office, the Rides Co-ordinator is responsible to the committee for:
1. Broadcasting annually the dates for club monthly rides and to actively seek volunteer ride leaders.
2. Broadcasting annually the dates for club monthly rides to eat and to actively seek suggested suitable venues for the event, taking into account the geographical spread of the membership.
3. Reminding ride leaders in advance of the monthly ride date of the need to provide details of the ride for broadcast to the membership.
4. Reminding ride leaders of the need to refer to the “Way We Ride” and the “Ride Leaders Aide Memoire” when they are planning the ride details.
5. Broadcasting in advance of the details of the chosen venue for the monthly rides to eat.
6. Planning other ride events in consultation with the Events Co-ordinator and broadcasting the agreed details to the membership.
7. Notifying the committee of planned additional rides and reporting the up to date status of rides at Committee meetings.
(If required the duties of the Rides Coordinator may be undertaken by another member of the club committee)
Appointed at an AGM for a 1 year term of office, the Merchandising Officer is responsible to the committee for:
1. Supplying merchandise approved by the committee to the club membership.
2. Arranging for favourable purchase discount rates from potential suppliers and that purchases should be in accordance with the policy determined by the Committee (e.g. the just in time requirement).
3. Maintaining and purchasing the stock at levels approved by the committee
4. Publishing the availability of merchandise for inclusion on the web site.
5. Liaising closely with the Treasurer concerning payment to suppliers and the banking of receipts from sales.
6. Consulting the membership to gain feed-back on the quality and durability of club merchandise.
7. Developing proposals for new lines of merchandise.
8. Reporting stock levels and cash holdings and purchasing statistics at Committee meetings.
9. Ensuring his/her responsibilities are covered by a committee member, if necessary, during periods of absence.
Webmaster & Broadcaster
Appointed at an AGM for a 1 year term of office, the Webmaster is responsible to the committee for:
1. Maintaining and updating the club web site and gaining policy guidance and feedback information from the committee on its content.
2. Acting as the Administrator for the Club’s facebook account
3. When applicable, in conjunction with the Pan Talk editor, publish the on-line magazine on the club website.
4. Maintaining the database of members email addresses
5. Broadcasting messages from members to the wider membership, within 24 hours is reasonably practicable.
6. Making a report of relevant website, facebook and broadcasting activity at Committee meetings
7. Ensuring his/her responsibilities are covered by a committee member, if necessary, during periods of absence
Appointed at an AGM for a 1 year term of office, the Area Representatives are responsible to the committee for:
1. Selecting a suitable venue for monthly social meetings in conjunction with members living in the area and for broadcasting the details to the membership.
2. Broadcasting a monthly reminder to the membership of the date, place and time of the social meeting.
3. Drawing to the attention of the committee any issues of concerns to the area members.
4. Drawing to the attention of area members any matters of concern to them.
5. Making a report on relevant issues at Committee meetings
(If required the duties of the Area Representatives may be undertaken by other members of the club committee)
Committee Member Without Portfolio
Exceptionally, if required, and appointed at an AGM for a 1 year term of office, the Committee Member(s) Without Portfolio is/are responsible to the committee:
1. To assist other committee members where necessary.
2. To undertake ‘special projects as deemed appropriate by the committee.